Tuesday, June 1, 2010

INVISIBLE TOOTH TATTOOS

No, no, not tattoos of invisible teeth. I got those three filings done today. They filled them with something that wasn't silver. I wouldn't say it was exactly tooth color either. But it certainly wasn't silver. It was tooth-ish color - whatever that is. Bummer, I was hoping to have a cool (and kinda disgusting) before and after picture of my chompy bits.

I have pretty good teeth. I made it into my 40's with only 1 cavity that required freezing, prior to today. Granted, these three cavities were likely there for a while and had I been going to the dentist regularly (or more than once every 5 years), I might have actually had them detected and corrected BEFORE they were a problem. And had I been flossing more regularly prior to the past couple of years, these cavities might not have even formed at all (they were all in between teeth).

So, boys and girls, floss regularly and visit your dentist every 6 months to 1 year. Or you'll end up with three cavities filled on one day. Or worse, over two or three days.

And as much as it wasn't painful (wow, my Dentist is awesome with a needle!), I'm a bit achy now.

I will also mention that the Slurpee that I rewarded myself with after the fillings were done was some kind of funny to drink since my lips were frozen HOURS after the fillings were done. Ever try to drink through a straw when your lips are frozen? Funny stuff. I highly recommend it, just for the laugh.

I've looked for an amusing graphic to add to this, but I'm tired and achy and I can't find one quickly. Sorry, next time, folks.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch... but way to go on the oral hygine!! :) I was excited to see some "teeth bling"... but would have settled for some frozen blue mouth "tatoo" pics instead! :)

    Rest and heal up, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're not achy anymore.

    Yeah. The flossing thing. Keep flossing. Root planing is NOT a fun time.

    My hygienist told me to get a water pik. (Actually, the conair brand because it's cheaper and apparently is also more durable.) I'll be getting that soon (now that I'm home) and I'll be using listerine or something in it once or twice a week. I don't want to need planing ever again!

    I think a video of the blue slurpee (color, not flavor) would be priceless!

    ReplyDelete