Monday, July 26, 2010

TV COMMERCIALS AIMED AT WEEBS

Weeb is sick with a stomach bug at the moment. She's been on the couch since around quarter to five this morning, watching TV (when she's not giving me something else to put in the washing machine).

I am amazed at how low they will go to advertise to children. We don't watch a ton of TV - er, let me rephrase that to - we don't watch a lot of TV with commercials.

Has anyone seen ads for CUPONK? It's a ping pong ball and a cup, sold by Hasbro. It's about $12 CAD. For a ping pong ball. And a cup.

But the cup lights up.

Ah.

Luckily Weeb isn't feeling very well or she'd want the thing.

She does appear to be well enough to tell me that she wants all of the Littlest Pet Shop toys, including the ones currently in McDonalds Happy Meals AND the Strawberry Shortcake Splashin' Petal Pool.

Weeb's birthday and Christmas are only 5 short months away so I suppose I'd better brace myself for all the MUST HAVE items that will crop up between now and then. I've already got 'ping pong ball and cup' on MY wish list!

4 comments:

  1. Ah yes J has seen the ping pong ball and cup and has expressed that he would love to have one...nope not getting it. lol

    I cannot believe 5 short months! I know of a couple of things I am for certain going to get him but other than those, I got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had thought of that ball-in-a-cup idea. Can you imagine the pitch meeting for this toy-"It's a cup & a ball, shoot the ball in the cup and it lights up". Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had better be prepared to hear the Cuponk commercial repeated to me overandoverandover by the kids... lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor girl was hurly again this morning. Could have had something to do with eating that little bit of fish that she found on the picnic table while we were waiting for Wonko to bring us our fish for dinner last night. Yes kid, please eat random food you find lying around. It could have been in the sun for hours. It could have been nibbled on by crows or seagulls. It could have been a hazelnut or peanut product! Yup, the kid is a true genius.

    Of course, it might have just been another stomach bug. She seemed to be over it in a couple of hours and then perked up, scarfed down lunch and has been happy all day. Weird stuff.

    ReplyDelete