Saturday, May 25, 2013

52 of 2013 - Week 22

52 of 2013 - Week 22. Picaboo's theme for the week is 'Food Photography'. My Focus 52 - Pixel Project theme is 'Wrinkles'. As usual, I'm not quite sticking with the theme, but I'm close. Popcorn kernels are almost food, soon-to-be food. As for wrinkles, the 2nd photo shows cracks (cracks are almost wrinkles) in the paint on this Pink Panther on Velvet painting. This used to belong to my parents, and I ended up with it. I've tried to research a bit about it, but all I can find is that they were typically done by street artists in Mexico in the late 1960's, early 1970's. I've seen various similar paintings on Google and eBay, and though the picture is painted of the same object (Pink Panther smoking long cigarette, moon in the sky, weird palm trees, etc.), they are obviously painted by different hands. It's a very cool art piece, none the less.

Taken with my Canon PowerShot G12 (the fancy point and shoot), edited with Photoshop and PicMonkey.



No comments:

Post a Comment