Saturday, November 2, 2013

52 of 2013 - Week 45

52 of 2013 - Week 45. Picaboo's theme for the week is 'What to Wear for Photos'. My Focus 52 - Pixel Project theme is 'Halloween Illuminations'. I posted Halloween shots last week. So here is something a little different. As I understand it (which isn't saying much), this is a diya or divaa that my daughter was given at school. It's a little clay pot that is used in Hindu, Sikh, Jain and Zoroastrian religious festivals such as Diwali, which is a festival of lights, usually around Halloween. The lighting of small clay lamps filled with oil is used to signify the triumph of good over evil. Though we do not celebrate Diwali, we live in a city where are large number of the population does celebrate, so my daughter was learning about the celebration in school. Rather than ignore all religious and cultural ceremonies, our school leans towards teaching a bit about those celebrated by our students. It's pretty awesome!

Taken with my Canon PowerShot G12 (the fancy point and shoot), edited with Photoshop and PicMonkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment