Wednesday, November 3, 2010

DITCHED AGAIN

So what's funnier, an excavator stuck in a ditch, a plan to get it out by piling sand into the ditch or the woman who stops her car a block away and dodges traffic to get pictures of said ditch oddity?

About a week ago, people from, what I assume must be the city, came out in droves to do some work. I figured with that many people, they'd certainly have that machine out of the ditch by the time I headed home from work.

Nope.

They seemed to fill in the ditch with a ton of gravel / dirt stuff that, at first glance, suggests they are going to try and pull this thing out from the road. Since nothing else has happened for a week, I suspect it's just there to keep the digger from sliding further into the ditch.

It isn't getting out this way. And it doesn't seem anyone is in a hurry to pull that sucker out of the ditch. I would LOVE to be there to see them remove this thing, when they finally get around to doing it. Heck, I'd just love to hear the story behind how it got there and how they're planning on getting it out.

Ah well, knowing THIS city, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone steals the thing.

See my original post on the excavator stuck in the ditch here.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.richmond-news.com/Life+ditch+digger/3746227/story.html

    Too funny!

    ReplyDelete