Wednesday, November 17, 2010

THE TOOTH IS OUT THERE

Sorry, I couldn't resist the stupid title.

My daughter lost her first today.

I did not expect loose teeth before she turned 5 years old. And she was NOT thrilled about having a loose tooth, either. I was shocked each day that passed and that thing hadn't fallen out. It seemed to be loose for more than a month.

My poor girl. She is not a fan of change. I've worked so hard to
try and have her experience the changes of life as an adventure, but as much as I try to hide my own issues from her, she is very much like me. Sorry Baby, you've done nothing BUT change since the day you were conceived. Life is change. I'd say you'll get used to it, but you'll probably just stress about everything for the rest of your life, just like I do, regardless of how illogical it is.

Baby teeth are SMALL!


After the initial hysterics, she was quite interested in the tooth and how it fits in the mouth and the new tooth that's already growing behind where her baby tooth once was. I decided to show her my wisdom teeth. I had them removed when I was 18 and asked to keep them. I think they're awesome. My kid thinks they're awesome, too. And comparing them to her tiny baby tooth, I understand why these suckers caused me such jaw pain!

We thought about the best thing to put Weeb's tooth in so the tooth fairy could easily find it (and Weeb didn't easily lose it). We decided on this little container. She drew a picture of a tooth and the Tooth Fairy on it.

We're all smiles and gappy grins now. I wonder what the Tooth Fairy will bring tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I am shocked she lost a tooth already!!!! TheBoy would be so jealous. He's been talking about losing teeth and the tooth fairy (thanks Caillou) and keeps trying to wiggle one into submission. It's not working. But I figure we're only a year or so out. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! LOL There are lots of kids, even Grade 1 kids in Weeb's class (split K/G1) who haven't lost teeth yet. There is one kid who is younger than Weeb who has lost FOUR! No predicting this stuff, for sure. I was so shocked when we found out she had a wiggly tooth! And who knows when the next one will come out. They are growing up too fast!

    ReplyDelete