Wednesday, November 2, 2011

JUNCOS AND SPARROWS AND TIBBS, OH MY!

We have loads of these little birds near our house. I thought they were chickadees until I was showing Weeb pictures of chickadees, online, and realised they were totally not.

I'd never heard of a Junco until now. But that is what they seem to be.

These photos were taken through our (dirty) sliding glass door (while I was sitting on the couch), so I apologize for the dirty blur, but they are cool little birds. They were teasing me most of the morning, too, flitting away as soon as my camera focused (as well as it could through the grime).

The bird below is a sparrow of some kind. They share the big tree behind us with the juncos.

Tibbs was not impressed with the feathery teasing. This is my excuse for leaving the windows dirty - so the birds know they are safe from the evil fur beast that is Tibboh the Terrible.

1 comment:

  1. Love the cat looking out at the feather feast...so close, yet so far.

    ReplyDelete