Monday, July 1, 2013

52 of 2013 - Week 27

52 of 2013 - Week 27. Picaboo's theme for the week is 'Photographing Color: Red, White and Blue'. My Focus 52 - Pixel Project theme is 'National Pride'.  The first shot is of a Maple Leaf pin - you can get these in any tourist area in Canada.  My husband got this particular one when he was sworn in as a Canadian Citizen, last autumn. Next are some shots of my Weeb.  The bottom two shots were taken at a Canada Day festival, from the top of a Ferris Wheel, with my iPhone.  I couldn't see what I was photographing as the sun glare was blinding.  They turned out pretty well.  And it occurred to me a tad too late that, oh yeah, I don't like Ferris Wheels.  We wore Canada Day shirts and ponytails with maple leafs on them to celebrate the day.  We had some blue cotton candy as a tribute to the blue part of the red, white and blue to honor our southern neighbors in the USA.  Today though, it's all red and white for us!  O Canada, we party at an outdoor fair on the hottest day of the year for thee!

Taken with my Canon PowerShot G12 (the fancy point and shoot), edited with Photoshop and PicMonkey.






No comments:

Post a Comment