Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WEEB THE OSTRICH TAMER


Everybody has certainly heard, by now, the tales of Weeb and her ostriches.

We saw this little fellow while we were waiting for the Olympic Torch Relay to start in February 2010. I was certain it would be hit by a car and was dialing animal control when Weeb stepped in. In moments, Weeb had called to this young, feral ostrich and was bonding with it.

It always amazes me how ostriches respond to Weeb's 'whispering'. She really has a knack for it. As you can see from the photo, they like to have their heads scratched. I was worried that it would bite her fingers off, but the girl knows what she's doing and the bird followed her around for the rest of the night. Seriously, we couldn't get rid of it.

Ostrich Tamers are rare in these parts and I can tell you, we got some odd looks!

I'm not sure where my 4 year old daughter got this odd talent from. Nobody else in our family is especially good with animals, much less large, weird looking birds. I'm hoping it's something that can make her some money when she's older.

4 comments:

  1. :)

    oh.my.gosh! she is even more beautiful than before! i sure wish these little ones would slow down just a bit. they're growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I got into the Blogging world later than some, but I'm so happy to be able to reconnect with some of the ladies who I lost touch with. It's so nice to see our little ones growing and becoming these awesome little people! I know, for me, there is a lot less pressure to constantly participate in this format. Gotta love the Internet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weeb, the Ostrich Whisperer - love it!

    ReplyDelete