Saturday, April 2, 2011

LILY OF THE VALLEY BUSH

These flowers are from a bush outside our front door. I think it's a Lily of the Valley bush, but I'm not certain (as I'm more than a little bit botanically challenged). They're pretty flowers. They always make me think of faeries.



Added 19Apr/11: I have learned that this is called a Pieris. I have learned this because our idiot strata have decided that we need yet another one and a 6" (yes, inch) cedar in front of our house. I don't WANT either of them. Our front beds are fine, thank you very much. But please, go ahead and spend $800 of council money on trees that are unnecessary and unwanted.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful captures. I love the colours in these flowers so pretty and soft looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also smell wonderful. I can practically smell them from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty, little flowers. So delicate looking. My Mum has always said how much she loves these and their smell. I still haven't had the pleasure.
    Thanks for sharing Yasher. Now I know what to look out for. x

    ReplyDelete