Saturday, April 16, 2011

ORIGAMI TULIPS

I haven't been feeling well this week, so I had lots of time to fold Origami Tulips. Seemed the perfect thing to do while I was out of commission. The result was a donation of 130 Origami Tulips to Richmond Centre Mall's Wishing Tree.

This temporary display is up until the day before Easter. The origami sheets are free at Customer Service. For everyone one you put up on the tree, Richmond Centre will donate a dollar to The Children's Wish Foundation.

My thanks to the lovely lady at the Customer Service counter who has been helping us put stems onto our folded flowers, and tying them into bundles for us to hang up.

This is what 130 Origami Tulips look like.

This is what Wonko looks like as he hangs up said 130 Origami Tulips. He was kind enough to hang a bundle up for a nice 'short' family, who were very thankful.

So our last drop off will be next Saturday. Not sure how many I'll have done by then, but it'll be nowhere near 130, I'm certain. I'm not that bothered; I'd say we've done our fair share.

I'll try to get a decent shot of the tree next week.

1 comment: