Friday, September 9, 2011

CONFESSION TIME

I have a confession. And I know it's going to throw the world into chaos. Black will be white, up will be down, blue will become a flavor. Brace yourself.

Here it is. I'm just going to say it.

I don't actually like Slurpees anymore.

I know, I know, it's a big concept to try and grasp all at once. Take a few deep breaths.

I suppose the Universe was trying to tell me something when it threw my digestive system into complete and utter higgledy-piggledy, earlier this year. I cut a lot of things out of my diet, including pop and Slurpees.

I've had fewer Slurpees this past summer than I have had during some of our coldest winters. And I started buying small Slurpees. But it was never the same; the love never came back. They are too sweet or... something. I can't quite put my finger on it. I just don't care for them anymore.

I knew they weren't GOOD for me. Heck, I even knew they were rather BAD for me. And now that I have a kid, I knew that it was a habit I had to break because I didn't want my 'little monkey' seeing and doing every bad habit that lead me to complete digestive meltdown.

Sorry 7-11. You must be feeling the pinch.

Goodbye, my dear, too-sweet friend, and thanks for all the memories.

PS: Blue will forever be a color, not a flavor.

2 comments:

  1. Girlfriend you need to change your profile then. Probably better for your health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few points to make here. I obviously missed this post.

    1. Blue, as you should be well aware of by now, is indeed a flavor.

    2. I think (but am not sure) that slurpees are gluten free. I know for sure they are lactose free as well as peanut free.

    3. OMG. How can you not love the slushy goodness of a slurpee? I think you must have drank a blue colored slurpee or sumpin.

    ReplyDelete