Sunday, September 11, 2011

LIVING NEAR THE AIRPORT

When you live and work near the airport, you get used to seeing and hearing airplanes overhead.

In fact, there is only one time I recall NOT seeing or hearing a plane in the sky (the afternoon of 9/11) and that was completely eerie and weird.

At this time of year, when the clouds roll in and cover us for what feels like months, the sounds of planes seem 100 times louder than on a sunny day. I'm sure there's a brilliant scientific reason for that, but I don't know what it is.

I took this when I was at work, a couple of years ago. I should have taken it with a street light in the shot, so you could see some perspective.

We're not that far from the airport, so this isn't an unusual sight. And though I occasionally worry that one (or bits of one) may come crashing down on top of me, I think I'd much rather see them up there, flying around, than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment