Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ATTACK OF THE ST. PATRICK'S DAY ORIGAMI CRANE

Some of you are aware of my Origami Crane experiences.

Last St. Patrick's Day, this Origami Crane approached me and climbed into my hand. It appeared to be friendly.

At first.

Moments later there was a blood bath and my wounds had to be tended to by medics, some of whom were sickened by the sheer violence of the scene.

Though I still intended to study the creatures, you can understand why last year's St. Patrick's Day blood bath at the papery beak and wings of a mentally unstable Origami Crane would keep me cautious of getting too close to these majestic beings.

On this St. Patrick's Day, I was surprised to find another green Origami Crane in my office. This one seemed quite friendly and told me it would clean my teeth for me as it had been studying human dentistry. They are very clever creatures, Origami Cranes. No cavities, but apparently my gums are receding slightly and I have a follow up appointment in a couple of weeks.

I continued my study of these fascinating creatures.

Staple Removers, the Origami Crane's fiercest enemy!

It's simply disheartening just how many Origami Cranes are killed every year by this cruel predator! Fly away little Origami Crane, fly away!

Origami Cranes do not worry about their weight. They are naturally svelte. A diet high in eraser rubbings help these winged beauties fight off disease and offer a longer life than one might expect from a papery creature.

Origami Cranes are terrible hairstylists but they give a wicked pedicure! They are not fans of bright red nail polish, claiming such a color is for whores and Origami Swans, the scourge of the Origami World, and certainly, our own!

I am told that St. Patrick's Day signals the beginning of mating season and if I leave muffin crumbs in my office, I will have a rapid infestation of Origami Cranes. Here's hoping!

1 comment:

  1. Red nailpolish is for water tarts!!! The cranes are so astute as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete