Monday, January 31, 2011

SNOW DROP

We were visiting my folks on the weekend and they have these wonderful little snow drops in their garden. It was sunny, the little flowers were very pretty and I desperately wanted a picture.

However, I had several things going against me. My camera battery was dead so I waited about ten minutes to get a charge before I headed out to the garden. I could not get low enough without actually getting into the garden, which was rather on the damp side, this being BC and all. My ribs were not keen on the position I was trying to get into to get the shot I wanted. The digital macro was not working especially well because my arms were outreached and wobbly, plus there was a breeze that was bobbling the flowers about.

So I dropped the digital macro and went to Auto. My ISO was at 100, at my husband's suggestion.

This is cropped from a much wider shot. It was blurry, but I fiddled with it anyways. A bit of Smart Sharpen and a High Filter Pass seemed to help. It's not nearly the shot I wanted, and I don't especially like it, but it gave me an excuse to play around a bit.

Original photo, below.

No comments:

Post a Comment