Saturday, February 4, 2012

366 of 2012 - Day 35

366 of 2012 - Day 35. Picaboo's challenge, this week, is to take a silhouette shot at sunset. So Wonko, Weeb and I trudged out to Steveston to meet my folks for a sunset walk, three cameras and two tripods in hand. The closer we got to the little fishing village, the foggier it got. We figured it might still make for some cool photography.

There was something evil in that fog - it was called 'The Butt Chomping Wind of Chilliness'! Plus our lenses kept succumbing to moisture, so we made it a short trip. But we did get some nice shots, even though nothing quite fit with this week's theme.

Taken with my Canon PowerShot G12 on Auto (my gloves wouldn't have allowed me to change any settings, even if I'd wanted to!) - f/3.5, 1/80 sec., ISO-80, 14 mm focal length, max aperture 3.625, pattern metering, no flash. This is a SOOC (straight out of the camera) shot. I only cropped and added text.

I'm adding these pictures, because I liked them too. The last shot is the Fisherman's Needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment