Tuesday, February 7, 2012

366 of 2012 - Day 38

366 of 2012 - Day 38. Picaboo's challenge this week is silhouettes at sunset. Weeb and I missed sunset, but how could we say no to that beautiful blue sky? So here is Weeb, who was much more cooperative than yesterday, with Sirius in her hands.


Now tell us about the picture, Yasher! Okay, I can do that, too. Taken with my Canon PowerShot G12, probably on Auto, though I was fiddling with settings, so I'm not positive. F-stop f/2.8, 1/20 sec. exposure time, ISO-1600, 6 mm focal length, max aperture 2.96875, pattern metering, no flash, white balance on auto, used tripod. I did adjust the Curves a bit to make Weeb's silhouette more silhouettey. It also made the sky a teensy bit bluer than the original photo, but I think it's closer to the true blue of the sky, at the time. Cropped, text added when I adjusted Curves in Photoshop.

What? You want to know about this picture, too? You're very demanding tonight! Weeb was doing butterfly hands. Why? We just thought it would look cool. You have to admit, it kinda does. F-stop f/2.8, 1/13 sec. exposure time, ISO-1600, 6 mm focal length, max aperture 2.96875, pattern metering, no flash, white balance on auto, used tripod. I adjusted the Exposure a bit to make Weeb darker. Adjusting Curves just made it look too harsh for some reason, though it worked well on the photo above.

So what's this all about? Well it's the Moon. A few marvellous photographers have been taking moon photos and with tonight's full moon, it was hard to resist. Except it was cloudy, as you can tell from the above photos. But our 'moon hunt' was amusing. Not too bad for a non dSLR camera and a cloudy night, eh? They don't call us Yasher's Crappy Pictures for nuthin'! I took this on Manual mode, but had NO idea what I was doing. F-stop f/4.5, 1/125 sec. exposure time, ISO-80, exposure bias +2 step, 30 mm focal length, max aperture 4.34375, pattern metering, no flash, white balance on auto, used a tripod. Cropped, applied a very slight Unsharp Mask and added text in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment