Thursday, January 19, 2012

366 of 2012 - Day 19

366 of 2012 - Day 19. Spot the squirrels. I don't know what they were up to in this tree. There had been 3 of them, chasing each other around. I don't know if they were fighting, playing or... well, that other thing. It was the coldest day in ages, so it could be they were just running around trying to keep warm. I like them much better in the trees than crawling into the walls of my house then getting trapped, dying and stinking up the place.

The shots below were taken with my Canon PowerShot G12 on Auto. They turned out not too badly, given I was shooting through a layer of plastic, through a dirty sliding glass door and at the trees a house or two away.

This shot was altered in Photoshop. It was cropped quite a bit and I made a silhouette effect by over adjusting Levels and Curves in Photoshop. Before alterations, the photo details are: f/4.5, 1/250 sec., ISO-80, 30mm, max aperture 4.34375, pattern metering, no flash.

This photo, below, is the same as the one above, with the adjustments to Levels and Curves hugely reduced.

I like this shot too, maybe because of the snowy evergreen tree beside the tree the squirrels are playing in. Details are: f/4.5, 1/250 sec., ISO-80, 30mm focal length, max aperture 4.34375, pattern metering, no flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment