Monday, January 30, 2012

366 of 2012 - Day 30

366 of 2012 - Day 30. Picaboo's challenge and theme for this week is capturing a sunrise / morning'. I didn't think I'd have an opportunity to explore this theme, this week, since a January / February Vancouver sunrise is a rare thing. Driving to work, I passed by some lovely shots, but I was running late (as usual) and there aren't a lot of convenient places to stop along my route. I was determined to get a shot, even if it was a bad one. And this one is pretty bad, yet still I kind of like it. I was at a stop light, taking the photo from inside my car. And I'm talking literally from inside my car, because I didn't have time to try and get the camera out the window. It was the definition of 'snap shot'!

Taken with my Canon PowerShot G12 on Auto (through my car's windscreen) - f/3.5, 1/80 sec., ISO-160, 12 mm focal length, max aperture 3.625, pattern metering, no flash. I sharpened this slightly with Unsharp Mask and added a very slight High Pass Filter in Photoshop, while I cropped a bit and added text. I had played with Hue / Saturation, but found I liked the original better.

1 comment:

  1. Purty. I wish I had a more intelligent comment. But my photog experience is limited to ....oo Zog think it look purty. Zog press this button. Zog scared of big light.

    You see my dilemma.

    But may I say. Zog like your pictures.

    ReplyDelete