Wednesday, January 25, 2012

366 of 2012 - Day 25

366 of 2012 - Day 25. Seagulls. This first picture is a crop of the original shot, below.

I learned an important lesson today - look at your lens every now and then because you never know when a little (or not so little) finger print may have found its way onto the special bits of your camera.

Taken with my Canon PowerShot G12 set to P (program), using the defaults except for the white balance setting which was set to Cloudy. The smudge was on the lens at the time; I'm amazed you can see anything clearly, though this is the type of case where reducing to 72ppi is in my favor. F-Stop f/4, 1/320 sec. exposure time, ISO-80, focal length 6 mm, max aperture 2.96875, pattern metering, no flash, auto white balance (on Cloudy). I liked both shots. I applied Unsharp Mask and a High Pass filter (though they didn't really make that much difference) and tweaked the Levels slightly in Photoshop, when I cropped and added text.


No comments:

Post a Comment