Wednesday, February 2, 2011

THE JOY OF LOVE, DAY 2

Willette Photography & More is offering a free, online photography class this February, called The Joy of Love. There's still time to sign up, if you're interested.

Lesson 02 - HOW THEY LOOK. We are supposed to capture our loved one at their best (or worst). Try to capture the true essence/expression/attitude/posture that SCREAMS your loved one, in this case, Weeb.

As I've mentioned in several of my latest blog posts, I have a Cannon PowerShot SD1000 point and shoot camera. This shot was taken in our kitchen, with no flash. Weeb was a bit wiggly, but I really liked this shot. Poor kid has wicked bags under her eyes, just like I do. I will have to work on fixing that.

I did a bit of editing. I cropped and changed the angle a bit. I applied a layer with an Unsharp Mask, then another layer I used a Soft Light blending mode, then adjusted the contrast a bit. I believe there is also a warming filter in there to change the tone slightly.

I know it's hard to tell too much from a 72ppi image. I like the picture. It's not the best picture in the world, but I like the image, despite it not being as sharp as I would like. I tried it in black and white and desaturated, but I didn't care for either, they just looked washed out and drab.

So there ya go, Day 2. I think I've captured my loved one's essence quite well. And I like her position - right under foot, where she usually is. LOL


Original below, unedited other than adjusting to 72ppi.

I will admit that I've been too embarrassed to submit the photos to the Flikr site for Willette Photography.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great shot and I think you should post it! Don't be embarrassed at all. I think you did a great job and your work deserves to be seen. :)

    ReplyDelete