Tuesday, February 15, 2011

NO JOY TODAY

Willette Photography & More is offering a free, online photography class this February, called The Joy of Love. There's still time to sign up, if you're interested!

Lesson 16 - TOGETHER (SELF PORTRAIT). No. Nope. It's just not going to happen today. I'm grumpy. It was dark when I woke up today (and it may have been all in my mind, but I'm pretty sure there was ominous music accompanying me everywhere I went). I have a nice, though limited point and shoot camera with a self timer that is much faster than I am and a daughter who I suspect actually vibrates when she tries to sit still.

Plus I am not a fan of pictures of myself.

However, Weeb and I went upstairs and painted toenails in a set up for some together toe self portrait shots. I was going to give it (brace yourself) my best shot.

We really did give it our best. Weeb even sat moderately still. She put up with my hundred and one instructions but it just was not working. My camera battery was dying. My back and ribs were aching so I was not as bendy as I needed to be for the shot I wanted. We just did not have enough light. Or time. Or patience.

So we'll try again, maybe tomorrow. Though the NEXT assignment is entitled STAYING IN. I have no genius plans for this yet. Staying in, to me, means watching movies and eating far too many potato chips. Not quite sure how to capture that, photographically. Yet.

I'll find the joy again. But I'll probably need a Slurpee first.

No comments:

Post a Comment